Presentations of the key speakers of the event Cities of Tomorrow #5 can be found here:
- Arh. Dorothee Dubrau_Deputy Mayor of Leipzig
- Prof. Peter Zlonicky_Head of the Office of Urban Studies Munich
- Astrid Cora Fodor_Mayor of Sibiu
- Dan Diaconu_Deputy Mayor of Timisoara
The German-Romanian Chamber of Commerce is pleased to invite you to participate at the fifth edition of Cities of Tomorrow, Romania’s top meeting forum for business, architecture and administration.
Our event offers a rich variety of presentations, interactive roundtables, a marketplace of projects and solutions for urban development and, last but not least, a great opportunity for networking. Top international guests will debate on the topic of competitive Romania.
“Cities of Tomorrow” 2017 is dedicated to the urban and regional competiveness in stimulating sustainable development of Romania’s cities and regions. Successful promoting of a city or region means the successful cooperation of all stakeholders and is a key factor for efficient development.
In times of growing mobility and internationalization of goods, services, labour and capital, Romanian regions are faced with increased competition with other regions of the world.
Efficient cooperation between all stakeholders involved in regional development helps create an investment-friendly business environment and related economic advantages.
In this regard, Cities of Tomorrow 2017 aims to raise the audience’s awareness about several crucial questions:
Who are the stakeholders (administration, civil society, private sector) and how do they work together in order to increase competitiveness?
How can the business community and civil society be involved in major economic projects?
To what extend does the achievement of a major project influence the development of the city/region as a whole?
How can the private sector positively affect the quality of the public services – starting with the first meeting with a potential investor through project implementation and beyond?
How important is the presence at international events for the promotion of the city’s/ regions’ projects?
How can stakeholders enter and remain in a common dialog?
What added-value does networking generate within the region?
At several roundtables actuality themes and subjects preselected by a specialized jury shall be discussed.
– competitive business and economic development
– tasks and roles of authorities and business actors
– shortages in urban and rural infrastructure
– municipal applications and city management (public utilities, public parking, traffic management)
– Inner-cities and Historic Urban Areas
– integration of the city’s outskirts
– energy efficiency
Who should attend?
The conference is designed to provide useful information and new insights for:
– city mayors, city managers, representatives of regional development agencies and metropolitan areas, representatives of city and county councils
– Romanian and foreign private companies
– professionals in urban planning and architects
– real estate investors and developers interested or based in Southeast-Europe
– real estate professionals
– representatives of chambers of commerce and industry
– representatives of industrial clusters
– technology providers
– urban infrastructure and utilities companies
– banking professionals
LANGUAGE OF THE CONFERENCE: English-Romanian with simultaneous interpretation
Participation fee: 120 euro + VAT per person.
Participants registering by 10th February 2017 will receive an early-bird discount of 20%.
* Additional 20% discount for the members of the German-Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
** Additional 10% discount for the members of our partner organisation